Compact Research Coater System (CRC600 Series)
Torr International’s Compact Research Coater (model number CRC- 600) Sputtering System is a manual planar magnetron sputtering system designed for the nanotechnology research environment.
This fast and affordable high-rate sputtering system provides excellent film quality in a surprisingly small footprint. The CRC-600 can be used to develop deposition processes for materials including aluminum, carbon, chromium, gold, Teflon®, silicon dioxide, tantalum, tungsten and titanium.
Since the two-inch targets can be changed quickly, the CRC-600 is easily reconfigured for applications requiring a different series of deposited materials. The 150mm substrate platform and 300mm vacuum chamber accommodates wafers up to six inches in diameter, as well as irregularly shaped substrates.
Click link above to download PDF file.
To view 3D images in this PDF, please open file in Adobe Reader...
The CRC-600 Compact Research Coater uses a DC and RF compatible water-cooled planar magnetron source. Available options provide an expanded variety of process capabilities, including a water-cooled stage to protect extremely heat-sensitive samples such as polycarbonate membranes.
The optional stage heaters can rapidly and uniformly heat a substrate to a maximum of 600° C during deposition for improved film adhesion.
The CRC-600 can also be manufactured with a DC etch mode for a gentle, low-power plasma glow discharge pre-cleaning, and an RF etch option can be used for more serious etch applications for removal of bonded surface material before coating.
- Table Top Sputtering System (20” x 24“ Footprint)
- Electro-Polished Stainless Steel Chamber (D-Shaped Box)
- 4” Diameter View Port on Front Door with Manual Shutter
- Single/Multiple Magnetron Gun Assemblies with Various Target Sizes
- Manual Shutter Assembly for All Sources
- DC/RF Sputtering Deposition
- Turbo Molecular Vacuum Pumping Sources with Matching Dual Stage Rotary Vane Pump
- Quartz Crystal Thickness Sensor with Deposition Controller
- Mass flow controller with Digital Readout
- Full Range Vacuum Gauge with Digital Display & Readout
- Easy Target Mounting
- Semi-Automatic Controlled System