Magnetron Sputtering System
The Torr International's MagSput™ series, the next generation Magnetron Sputtering Deposition system, is practical, inexpensive, expandable and highly reliable, ushering in the future of research.
The Magnetron Sputtering System is completely customizable. The chamber can be designed to accept additional evaporation sources, and unused ports are blocked off with flanges to allow future additions.
Additions can include Magnetron Guns, a Thermal Resistance source or Electron Beam Evaporation. Torr International can produce any custom system you desire. Call to discuss the functionality you require and a system will be designed to fit your process, your budget, and your future.
Click link above to download PDF file.
To view 3D images in this PDF, please open file in Adobe Reader...
The MagSput™ series Sputtering Systems are flexible planar magnetron sputtering systems designed specifically for R&D and prototype production. The system can be used to develop the deposition process for a variety of applications, including multi-layer optical coatings, sensor devices, solar cells, fuel cells, thin film research, superconductor research, ASICs, MEMs, magnetic devices & biomedical research.
Since targets can be changed quickly, the MagSput™ series system is easily reconfigured for applications requiring a different series of deposited materials. The system processes wafers up to 12 inches in diameter and accommodates odd-size substrates. Also, because of multi-gun capability, co-sputtering, sequential sputtering without breaking vacuum and reactive sputtering (with active gas mixtures) are possible. The stand-alone guns with special mounting enable angular adjustment.
The Labview™-based software brings state-of-the-art user-friendly computer control to the MagSput™ sputtering realm. The software's automatic process control ensures a more efficient deposition as well as ease of operation. The manual option enables easy start-up and troubleshooting.
- Electro Polished Stainless Steel Chamber (D shaped Box)
- 4” Diameter View Port on Front Door with Manual Shutter
- Single/Multiple Magnetron Gun Assemblies with Various Target Sizes
- Manual Shutter Assembly for All Sources
- DC / RF Sputtering Deposition
- Turbo Molecular Vacuum Pumping System with Matching Dual Stage Rotary Vane Pump
- Quartz Crystal Thickness Sensor with Deposition Controller
- Mass Flow Controller with Digital Readout
- Full Range Vacuum Gauge with Display & Readout
- Easy Target Mounting
- Semi-Automatic Controlled System